KISSIMMEE, Fla., Jan. 3, 2020 – Kissimmee Utility Authority has released its 2020 calendar of energy conservation, featuring the winning entries from its 26th annual student art contest.
The calendar, available free of charge at the utility’s customer service center at 1701 W. Carroll Street in Kissimmee, features an assortment of energy conservation tips and incorporates the Osceola County School District calendar for convenient planning.
Open to Osceola County students in kindergarten through sixth grade, the contest is designed to promote energy conservation among students and their families.
This year, a total of 1,149 entries were received from 26 Osceola County elementary schools.
A panel of judges selected 12 entries – one for each calendar month – which are featured in the full-color wall calendar.
The featured students are:
▪ Highlands Elementary – Diego Gutiérrez, grade 4
▪ Holy Redeemer Catholic School – Sebastian Jaramillo, grade 6; Victoria Sanchez, grade 6; Hannah Su, grade 6; Camila Vargas, grade 3
▪ Kissimmee Charter Academy – Michael McGuire, Jr., grade 5; Rosalinda Morales, grade 5
▪ Partin Settlement Elementary – Anissa Rose, grade 5; Ashton Rose, grade 1
▪ Renaissance Charter School at Boggy Creek – Anastasia Barreto, grade 4
▪ St. Cloud Preparatory Academy – Savannah Dieux, grade 5 (grand prize winner); Lyla Robinson, grade 5
Founded in 1901, KUA is Florida’s sixth largest community-owned utility powering 77,000 customers in Osceola County, Fla. For more information, visit https://kua.com.